This is a list of the things I am using for Community Inspire and I would recommend if you are looking to do similar things.
When I learned what a blog was and realized I wanted to create one, hands down, the best thing I read was from ChristianPF.com- How to Make Money with a Blog. Check it out! I decided to use WordPress.org I’ve been super impressed with it. It turns out, a lot of high end websites are actually WordPress websites (Huffington Post, KatyPerry.com, etc).
- I didn’t do blogger.com or WordPress.com because I wanted my own url. (ex. I have CommunityInspire.org not CommunityInspire.blogspot.com). I want to eventually be able to make money with this one day and WordPress.org was the most professional and easy to use.
- It’s very customizable. Most other platforms are templitated. I wanted to the capability to do whatever I wanted to with my site.
For my website, I used GoDaddy.com. They were really simple and they came highly recommended to me.
Hostgator.com. Their customer service has really been awesome. Don’t get hosting from Godaddy.com. You get what you pay for and Godaddy.com’s hosting is very cheap.
Making the site:
Builder is a program I bought from iThemes and it helped a TON. I have ZERO experience programming, making website, or blogging. Heck, I didn’t even know what a blog was until a few weeks before launching my own! I thought blogs were just what 14 year old girls would write on to talk about their drama filled lives! Since I no nothing about code, Builder is a program that helped making this website super easy!
Camera and Equipment:
- I just use my iPhone 4s (video). I was planning on buying a camcorder, but when I heard the iPhone 4s had high definition video, I was all about that! Other equipment I use is a camera adapter and an external mic from Amazon.com
- Iphone Camera Stand and Holder: It’s like.. $4? Great investment! It works for any iPhone or Ipod. It also adapts to a full size tripod. This is a must!
- 3 Softbox Lighting Kit Set: My videography friend (his work) recommended this to me. This is the cheapest most quality lighting kit he’s found. I’m so glad I bought this! It makes your videos look so much more professional, more sharp and clear, and adds that extra “something” to the shot. The iPhone doesn’t have a light on it and works best with a well lit area.
Video Editing Software:
So far, I’m just using iMovie. Very simple and very user friendly. Outside of jr. high and high school projects, I have absolutely no video experience. iMovie is perfect for me being a newb to video. iMovie: So simple, even an Asian can use it :)
A great church to check out is LifeChurch.tv. Pastor Craig is really authentic and so passionate about reaching people. They have 13 different locations, a gazillion network churches, and even church online that reaches people all over the world!