The New Year is fast approaching! Are you ready? The next few days I will be reevaluating 2012. How did it go? 2013 is a fresh new year and a fresh new start! Here are 7 Simple Tips to Keep Your New Years Resolutions in 2013:
1. Make them realistic: If they aren’t attainable and something you can see yourself sticking to, you are doomed for failure! Make them something you truly believe you can accomplish!
2. Focus on a few: Changing old habits is hard. Many people get overwhelmed with trying to change too many things at once, get frustrated, and quit. Just focus on a few things that you intend to keep. That way, you’re focusing your efforts on the goals you truly want.
3. Be specific: With any type of goal you are setting, you must be specific! Make it something you can track and measure. Don’t just write, “Lose weight.” How much do you want to lose? When do you want to lose it by? A better new years goal would be, “lose 30 lbs by Spring.”
4. Make a game plan: How are you going to reach your goal? How are you going to lose that 30 lbs by Spring? A good new years resolution might be, ”Work out consistently 3 times per week at the gym. About 15 minutes of cardio, 40 minutes of weights, and ending with stretches with a goal of losing 10 lbs in January and 30 lbs by the Spring.”
5. Tell a friend: If know one knows about your resolutions, it’s so much easier to quit! Get a “running buddy!” Get together with a friend to talk about your resolutions together and keep each other accountable. “As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.”
7. Don’t beat yourself up: If you miss a day or slip up. Don’t get discouraged! Get back on track and keep moving forward!
What new years resolutions do you have? :)
Here’s to an amazing 2013!